Introducing Compassionate Inquiry® Circles
Compassionate Inquiry Circles are 10 week interactive, facilitated, experiential online group therapy based on the works of Dr. Gabor Maté, further developed by Sat Dharam Kaur ND. Compassionate Inquiry introduces participants to key concepts and practices in Compassionate Inquiry, and initiates the process of Self-Inquiry.
The 4th Cohort of the Compassionate Inquiry Circles begins September 5, 2022.
What are Compassionate Inquiry Circles?
- Facilitated support groups led by certified and highly skilled CI faculty, to inquire into one’s present-moment experience, to identify one’s emotions, somatic state, and beliefs, and to recover from past trauma.
- A deeply experiential support group based on self-inquiry with self-reflection and journaling being necessary components of the Compassionate Inquiry Circle experience.
Who May Apply?
- Anyone above the age of 18
- Committed, Curious and Disciplined Individuals
- Individuals who can commit to participate in all 10 group sessions
- Individuals who are interested to be self aware and authentic
- Brings a desire to connect with, listen to, and understand others and their unique experience, as well as your own
- Individuals prepared for a deep experience, that may be triggering and may bring up unresolved childhood issues
Because of the depth of self-reflection required CI Circles are not suitable for:
- Individuals in active addiction to substances
- Individuals with severe mental illness
The Process and Recommended Steps:
- Applicants will fill out and submit a detailed intake and release form
- Once the intake form is reviewed, if the applicant is accepted, they are invited to register, pay and choose their weekly time slot for their Compassionate Inquiry Circle
- It is recommended but not mandatory that you are working simultaneously with a therapist and/or Compassionate Inquiry Practitioner
- Compassionate Inquiry is a somatic-based psychotherapeutic approach – it will be helpful if you are simultaneously engaged in bodywork, breathing practices, yoga or mindful movement practices
September 2022 Compassionate Inquiry Circles Applications Open
Learn about Compassionate Inquiry Circles and Circle Leaders:
Compassionate Inquiry Circle Leaders are certified and highly skilled CI Faculty.
They will guide groups of 8-18 circle participants through a 10-week series consisting of an orientation followed by 9 sessions focused on a different inquiry each week, consisting of key questions.
The Weekly Themes
- Week One: Safety through Connection
- Week Two: Access the Wisdom of the Body
- Week Three: Explore Your Triggers
- Week Four: Know What Happened to You
- Week Five: Express Your Authenticity
- Week Six: Address Your Needs
- Week Seven: Practice Self-Compassion for All Parts of You
- Week Eight: Be Response-Able
- Week Nine: Affirm the Possibility in You
These questions help the participant to experience and express what is true for them in the present moment, while simultaneously bringing awareness to what obstructs authentic expression. Participants are encouraged to reflect and journal each week, and to share their experiences and insights in their group.
Compassionate Inquiry Circle Leaders
Compassionate Inquiry Circle Leaders are trained extensively in Compassionate Inquiry and group facilitation. They come from a variety of backgrounds in the health and helping professions and have:
- Completed the year-long Compassionate Inquiry Professional Training
- Completed the 5-month Compassionate Inquiry Mentorship Program
- Completed the year-long Compassionate Inquiry Internship Program.
- Certified as a Compassionate Inquiry Practitioner
- An active clinical practice in Compassionate Inquiry
- Attended at least 10 Master Classes with Dr. Gabor Maté
- Participated in at least one round of Compassionate Inquiry Circles as a participant
- Been approved to lead a Compassionate Inquiry Circle
Watch the full Compassionate Inquiry Circles Info Session Recording:
Compassionate Inquiry Circles Format:
- The size of the Compassionate Inquiry Circle groups will vary between 8-18 people.
- Compassionate Inquiry Circles are ten-week group support programs.
- They will begin during the weeks of Jan 1, Apr 1, Sept 1, 2022.
- The Compassionate Inquiry Circles begin with a 2-hour orientation session to get to know each other, and review the guidelines to maintain an environment conducive to healing.
- For the next nine weeks, the Compassionate Inquiry Circles continue by exploring a specific theme of inquiry each week, consisting of several questions. Each session is 2 hours in length.
- The format of each session includes individual sharing in the larger group as well as in smaller breakout rooms.
- Currently the Compassionate Inquiry Circles are held online, on Zoom and are conducted in English.
- Each 2-hour weekly meeting will be held at the same time every week, depending on your Circle Leader’s availability. Click here to see the available time slots for the September 2022 Compassionate Inquiry Circles. Convert to your timezone here
- Upon registering you will choose a time slot and possible theme provided by a Circle Leader
Some of the circle groups have a particular theme; while others are general and open. All of the groups will work with the same content and weekly questions for inquiry.
We will try our best to accommodate all the chosen time slots, but cannot guarantee the organization of all groups. For the Circle group to run, it needs to have at least 8 participants. If the time slots you’ve chosen have less than 8 registrants, the group will be cancelled, and you may be offered another option. If none of the offered time slots work for you, you will be refunded.
Know more through Live Q & A Call recording and presentation with Sat Dharam Kaur
Held on: June 25, 2022
You Gain Access to:
- The Compassionate Inquiry 2-Day Workshop recordings from Vancouver, 2018
- Transcripts of these recordings
- Booklet with the Compassionate Inquiry Circle Weekly Themes and questions pertaining to those themes
- Ten weeks of Compassionate Inquiry Circles with a Compassionate Inquiry Circle Leader
How You May Benefit
- Learn techniques for self-regulation
- Befriend your nervous system
- Experience safety within yourself
- Understand your behavioural patterns and coping strategies
- Explore the origin of your emotional and physical pain
- Learn to work with your triggers
- Develop self-compassion for all parts of you
- Discover the wisdom in your trauma and utilize it for growth
- Accept what happened to you
- Experience freedom from your reactivity and limiting beliefs
- Build your capacity to feel and experience your emotions
- Connect with your inner child
- Experience the Compassionate Inquiry approach
- Reconnect to your true self
- Celebrate the possibility that lies within
- Become comfortable with your vulnerability
- Connect to a supportive international community
Compassionate Inquiry Circle Meetings
Participants are invited to continue to engage with the themes and questions in the weeks ahead, and beyond, through personal practice and journaling. Once you complete one cycle of the Compassionate Inquiry Circles, you may begin again at a reduced cost.
Participating in Compassionate Inquiry Circles was a fantastic experience. Safety, attunement and compassion were established very quickly in our group. The safety and holding I experienced enabled me to really embody and integrate the rich content. I found it easy to reach and express areas of my being that had previously been unexplored. I was given all the space I needed to be present with myself and at the same time experience a deep closeness and holding. I can see myself staying connected to all the other participants in my group – maybe with a book club or further study group, or maybe just to connect and chat! Deepest gratitude to my group members and to the Compassionate Inquiry team.
- Regular price of $800 CAD for ten sessions of Compassionate Inquiry Circles – 10 weeks in total
- If you are repeating the Compassionate Inquiry Circles, without the Compassionate Inquiry Workshop recordings, the cost is $400 CAD
- If you are participating in or have completed the Compassionate Inquiry Professional Online Training or Compassionate Inquiry Self-Study Short Course, then the cost is $400 CAD. This discount is not transferable to someone else. To qualify for the discount, please send proof of course payment to [email protected]
- To convert to your local currency, click here
Are you an organization interested in enrolling individuals in Compassionate Inquiry Circles?
You may not engage with your Compassionate Inquiry Circle Leader for private therapy sessions outside of the Compassionate Inquiry Circle Group, but you may work with a different Compassionate Inquiry Circle Leader for private therapy. All of the Compassionate Inquiry Circle Leaders are certified Compassionate Inquiry Practitioners.
Compassionate Inquiry Circles Discount Eligibility:
- You have already completed one cycle of the Compassionate Inquiry Circles and would like to attend again
- You are currently enrolled in or have completed the Compassionate Inquiry Professional Online Training
- You have paid for and are registered for the Compassionate Inquiry Self-Study Short Course
If you fit one of the above categories, please email [email protected] for the discounted payment link.
Since a space is reserved for you when you register and pay, there are no refunds available for this course 14 days prior to the start date, and thereafter. No exceptions. If you request a refund 15 or more days before the start date, it will be granted, minus a $100 CAD admin fee. (To convert to your local currency, click here)
Compassionate Inquiry Inc reserves the right to deny acceptance to a Compassionate Inquiry Circle applicant and to withdraw a participant from the Compassionate Inquiry Circle at any time if the Compassionate Inquiry Circle Leader or the admin team determine that a participant’s behaviour, attitude or views could negatively impact the quality of the Circle experience or group, or if the participant is not a good fit for the program. Compassionate Inquiry Inc, in its sole discretion, may terminate a participant’s participation at any time. If this should occur, Compassionate Inquiry Inc will refund the tuition paid for the training.