Note: this page is for those that have completed the Compassionate Inquiry Professional Online Training. If you would like learn more about the training or apply, click here for more info.
What Is the Compassionate Inquiry Internship?
- The Compassionate Inquiry internship is offered as a year of learning and personal/professional development for individuals who have completed the Compassionate Inquiry professional training and are currently enrolled in or have completed the Compassionate Inquiry Mentorship Program
- The internship is an opportunity to use your passion and skills to contribute to Compassionate Inquiry
- It is a stand-alone experience, that may or may not lead to future association with the Compassionate Inquiry Team of Facilitators/Mentors
- The experience itself will be enriching and will depend on the intention you bring to it
3 Primary Intentions Associated with the Internship Role:
- To support the intention, vision, program, facilitators, participants, structure, evolution, and expansion of Compassionate Inquiry
- Further learning to enhance your Compassionate Inquiry skills
- To integrate Compassionate Inquiry into your professional career
To Be Eligible to Apply for the Compassionate Inquiry Internship:
- You must have completed all of the course requirements for the year-long training before applying for the internship, or you will have completed them by the end of your year long training
- You must simultaneously be enrolled in the Compassionate Inquiry Mentorship Program, or have completed it
- Submit a reference letter and resumé
- You must be currently practicing Compassionate Inquiry with your clients
- You can commit to the internship for one full year
How Are Interns Selected?
Candidates will be selected based on their professional background, the recommendation of their biweekly facilitator, their Compassionate Inquiry skill level as assessed in their videos, their expressed intentions for the internship and whether we think they would be a good fit for our Compassionate Inquiry Team. The number of interns required for each cohort is dependent on the number of biweekly groups. Two interns are allotted per biweekly group.
Once a candidate is accepted for the internship, we reserve the right to remove them from the internship at any point if it seems they are not a good fit, or if the Compassionate Inquiry Code of Ethics for Practitioners is breached.
- Mentors with one primary facilitator and attends biweekly meetings with at least one online group throughout the year – all three levels (1.5 hours every other week)
- Attends one biweekly session with each of the other 10 facilitators, rotating with one new facilitator per month (1.5 hours per month), to have exposure to a variety of best practices and facilitation styles
- Assists online participants in organizing their practice pods in each level of the training as needed, making sure that everyone is connected in dyads/triads
- Sits in on triad sessions for participants in the online group once in Level 1 (6 triad sessions, 1 hr each, in first month of training); once in Level 2 (6 triad sessions, 1 hr each, in fifth month of training) and provides instruction and feedback – pd $50/hr
- Relays information back to Facilitator of any challenges in the pods or dyads/triads
- Reviews Case Study forms of online participants in Level 2 (5 forms in Level 2, per participant)
- Facilitate one module in Level 2, half way through, and receive feedback from Facilitator
- Facilitate check-in at one meeting in Level 2
- Add feedback to participants’ demos in Level 2 and practicums in Level 3
- Facilitate some of grounding exercises
- Although some remuneration is provided for some of the tasks of the intern, it is primarily a learning opportunity
- Approximately $850 CAD can be earned during the internship when there are 2 interns per biweekly group
- CI Interns in the year-long program can also participate in one CI Circles for free
The February Cohort Internship:
The next Compassionate Inquiry training begins February 6, 2023. Submit your application for the September internship by January 15, 2023. We will notify candidates who have been accepted as interns by January 20, 2022.
Spanish Professional Training Cohort Internship:
If you are interested being an intern in the Spanish-language Professional Training Cohort starting in October 2022, please contact Espe Garcia ([email protected])
Opportunities in Compassionate Inquiry
Click the button below to see all opportunities available to you after completing the Compassionate Inquiry Internship.