Register for the Compassionate Inquiry Self-Study Short Online Course
We are excited to invite you to participate in the Compassionate Inquiry Self-Study Short Online Course. This course was designed so that Compassionate Inquiry can be more accessible to health professionals who are unable to commit to the intensive Compassionate Inquiry Professional Training. It is also for lay-people who have a strong interest in Gabor’s work.
Using Compassionate Inquiry, you will be able to unveil the level of consciousness, mental climate, hidden assumptions, implicit memories and body states that form the real messages that words both express and conceal.
Learn from Gabor…
Have you been impacted by the teachings and modelling of Dr. Gabor Maté?
Don’t miss this chance to delve deep into yourself, and experience an introduction to Compassionate Inquiry, a powerful therapeutic approach developed by Dr. Gabor Maté for healing trauma and understanding mental and physical illness.
The short course contains over 20 hours of video and narrated powerpoints, and consists of the following:
Complete four-part video recording of a 2 day Compassionate Inquiry workshop with Gabor in Vancouver, Jan 2018
Transcripts of this full training
8 powerpoint videos presenting an overview of Gabor’s teachings related to Compassionate Inquiry, narrated by Sat Dharam, plus a pdf overview for each
8 powerpoint videos presenting an overview of the practice of Compassionate Inquiry, including 9 qualities to develop as a therapist, 22 skills to utilize and the 17 Stepping Stones that can be used in an inquiry. This is narrated by Sat Dharam. There is also a pdf overview for each of these
Another 10 videotaped Conversations with Gabor, where he models Compassionate Inquiry with course participants, as well as transcripts of these
- PDF downloadable resources including the Compassionate Inquiry Map, reading and reference list and more
- To protect the privacy of course participants, the videos in this course are streaming only, and are not downloadable
An overview of the 8 module content can be found here https://compassionateinquiry.com/online-training/course-outline/
The course is self-study and does not include facilitation
- You will have unlimited access to the course
Who May Apply?
- Health professionals and lay-people may take this training.
- Since it is self-directed, you can study and integrate at your own pace
- You may start it at any time.
Do you work with a team of professionals who would benefit from the teachings of Compassionate Inquiry?
Sign up for a group rate for the Short Course with your team, and we can provide you with one or more Compassionate Inquiry Educators to guide your team through the program.
To inquire about group rates and logistics for the Short Course, please fill out this form and contact jill@
The training will help your organization to:
- Develop a common language around care for clients
- Positively impact your relationship with yourself and your clients
- Inspire your health professionals to pay attention to self-care
- Work skillfully in a trauma-informed compassionate manner
- Network with other organizations to share challenges and develop solutions
We are in the process of establishing CE credits for this course and will post here when these are available.
Course Fee: $350 CDN
There are no discounts, subsidies, or refunds available for this course.
Please note that this course is not a precursor to the Professional Online Training. They are different programs. There are no discounts on the Professional Training if you have taken the short course.