Compassionate Inquiry Circles are deeply experiential online support groups open to all, designed and facilitated to introduce and initiate the process of self-inquiry, heal from past trauma, free oneself from limiting beliefs and connect to one’s essential Self. They are based on the work of Dr. Gabor Maté, further developed by Sat Dharam Kaur ND. They are led by highly skilled CI Circle Leaders who are all certified Compassionate Inquiry Practitioners.
Some of the themes addressed in the weekly sessions include: finding safety within one’s body and nervous system; how to process a trigger; exploring what happened to you in childhood; expressing authenticity; knowing one’s needs; turning around unconscious beliefs; and expanding into possibility.
The Compassionate Inquiry Circles begin three times annually – at the start of January, April and September, and continue for 10 weeks. Each weekly session is 2 hours. The number of participants in each group ranges from 10 -18. Participants who have purchased the Professional Online Training or Self-Study Short Course qualify for a discount and are able to purchase Circles for half price at $400.00 CAD. Please email circles@compassionateinquiry.
- Deepen access to your present-moment experience
- Become more aware of your emotions, somatic state, and beliefs
- Heal from past trauma
- Connect with others through a facilitated weekly support group
Registrations for the January CI Circles are now open. Program begins: January 8th, 2024.
Learn more about CI Circles
Compassionate Inquiry Circles are a somatic-based psychotherapeutic 10-week series focused on a different inquiry each week. Each inquiry consists of key questions which participants will be encouraged to reflect upon and journal; discuss with group members; and explore further during the week.
You Will Learn
- Techniques for self-regulation
- To befriend your nervous system
- Experience safety within yourself
- Understand your behavioural patterns and coping strategies
- Explore the origin of your emotional and physical pain
- How to work with your triggers
- Develop self-compassion for all parts of you
- Discover the wisdom in your trauma and utilize it for growth
- Accept what happened to you
- Experience freedom from your reactivity and limiting beliefs
- Build your capacity to feel and experience your emotions
- Connect with your inner child
- Experience the Compassionate Inquiry approach
- Reconnect to your true self
- Celebrate the possibility that lies within
- Become comfortable with your vulnerability
- Connect to a supportive international community
CI Circles Are for
- Anyone above the age of 18
- Individuals who can commit to participate in all 10 group sessions
- Individuals who want to increase their self-awareness
- Individuals prepared for a deep experience, that may be triggering and may bring up unresolved childhood issues
- Bring a desire to connect with, listen to, and understand others and their unique experience, as well as your own
Because of the depth of self-reflection required, CI Circles are not suitable for:
- Individuals in active addiction to substances
- Individuals with severe mental illness
Weekly Themes Include:
- Week 1: Orientation Session
- Week 2: Safety through Connection
- Week 3: Access the Wisdom of the Body
- Week 4: Explore Your Triggers
- Week 5: Know What Happened to You
- Week 6: Express Your Authenticity
- Week 7: Address Your Needs
- Week 8: Practice Self-Compassion for All Parts of You
- Week 9: Be Response-Able
- Week 10: Affirm the Possibility within You
Recording of Week 4 Circle Session
To ensure that the Circles are a safe and nurturing space for all participants, the Circle Leader will either record the Module 3 session in week 4 or invite a Circle Steward in to observe the session. Participants can decide which of these options they prefer. Our intention is to ensure and develop best practices and high standards among Circle Leaders. One of our commitments to a trauma-informed approach is to provide regular supervision to Circle Leaders.
Introducing CI Circle Groups
Circles Community Annual Membership
One of the gifts of group processes is the connections within a community which shares the same values and intention towards healing. Though we may live in different communities, the issues we navigate are similar. Feedback we received from you was that you valued the sense of belonging in the CI Circle, which we would like to facilitate further through creating a regular space where we can hold one another in compassion and understanding.
You are invited to join the membership when you have completed your participation in the Compassionate Inquiry Circles. By purchasing the membership, you will get access to CI Circles Monthly Follow-up Zoom Meetings. There will be 10 monthly two-hour sessions, beginning in January each year.
Participants Video Testimonial
Includes 10 Week CI Circles $800 CAD
Without the Compassionate Inquiry Workshop recordings, the cost is $400 CAD
Participant who has purchased the Professional Online Training or Self-Study Short Course:
This discount is not transferable to someone else. To qualify for the discount, please send proof of course payment to [email protected]
Your email will be answered within 48h, during the Office working days, Monday to Friday.
We appreciate your patience!
To convert to your local currency, click here.
Compassionate Inquiry Circles Discount Eligibility
- You have already completed one cycle of the Compassionate Inquiry Circles and would like to attend again
- You are currently enrolled in or have completed the Compassionate Inquiry Professional Online Training
- You have paid for and are registered for the Compassionate Inquiry Self-Study Short Course
- If you fit one of the above categories, please email c[email protected] for the discounted payment link.
This is an experiential program with a limited number of spaces available.
Since a space is reserved for you when you register and pay, there are no refunds available for this course 14 days prior to the start date, and thereafter. No exceptions. If you request a refund 15 or more days before the start date, it will be granted, minus a $250 CAD admin fee.
(To convert to your local currency, click here)
Attendance Requirements for Circle Participants
To build and maintain the safety of the group, participants are required to attend at least 8 of the 10 meetings. If three meetings are missed, the participant will be removed from the google invite and the zoom invite. If you wish to repeat the course after missing three sessions you will be able to do this at a 50% discount.
After the start of the program, it is not possible for the participants to switch groups, so please be mindful when choosing your time slot.
Compassionate Inquiry Inc reserves the right to deny acceptance to a Compassionate Inquiry Circle applicant and to withdraw a participant from the Compassionate Inquiry Circle at any time if the Compassionate Inquiry Circle Leader or the admin team determine that a participant’s behaviour, attitude or views could negatively impact the quality of the Circle experience or group, or if the participant is not a good fit for the program. Compassionate Inquiry Inc, in its sole discretion, may terminate a participant’s participation at any time. If this should occur, Compassionate Inquiry Inc will refund the tuition paid for the training.