1. I am not a therapist or a health-care professional. Can I register too?
Yes you can register. This is open for all above the age of 18 years.
2. I am 16 years old, a student and interested to know more about Compassionate Inquiry and Dr. Gabor Maté, can I register?
The CI session could be triggering for many, hence there is an age bracket.
3. I am a student and have no income of my own. I am interested in participating. Can I register for free?
The minimum fee to register is 50 CAD
4. Can me and my family attend the session together through one zoom link?
The zoom link is for one individual only.
5. Is the Compassionate Inquiry approach modelled on families and couples too?
Compassionate Inquiry can be modelled on families, couples and all types of modalities, be it IFS, CBT etc.
6. If I get logged out of session, who should I reach out to, to log back in?
You can login through the same link that was shared with you originally.
7. I am not tech savvy, will there be someone who will guide me through the Zoom platform?
There is a technical team, who will guide you through any technical difficulties you may face.
8. Will I be able to speak to Dr. Gabor Maté?
There will be over 500 participants, hence you may or may not get the opportunity to interact with Dr. Gabor Maté directly, but you may get your questions answered during the CI session as you witness the CI approach modelled by Dr. Gabor Maté.
9. I have attended the free CI Demo sessions. How is CI Experience different from the CI Demo?
CI Experience is a 5-hour event, where you will witness and experience the CI approach being modelled by Dr. Gabor Maté, Sat Dharam Kaur ND and the CI Team of Facilitators. You will discover that the CI approach is applied uniquely and effectively by each of the facilitators.
10. What should I do if I feel triggered?
There will be facilitators that you can reach out to during the session. They will take you to a breakout room and work with you on your trigger if needed.
11. Can the regulation technique be applied on one’s self without any guidance?
Yes, the regulation technique can be practiced on your own.
12. Will we receive a certificate?
The event is an experiential and therapeutic one, there won’t be any certificate provided afterwards.
13. Will this participation help me in my application for Pro / Circles / SAT etc?
Participation in the CI Experience is not related to the application and registration process for any of the CI products. Hence participation in the experience will not be a criteria for selection or fee discount.
14. Will this CI experience be enough for me to understand my trauma?
CI Experience may give you a sneak peek into the trauma, but healing the self is a journey and one Compassionate Inquiry therapeutic session may not be enough.
15. After the Demo who should I approach to continue working on myself?
We have a list of CI practitioners that you can reach out to for one-to-one sessions.
16. Will this be held in different languages as well?
The call will have simultaneous translation to Spanish and breakout rooms will be facilitated by Sanjog in Spanish.
17. What are the different topics you will cover?
- Emotions VS Perceptions
- Breathing techniques
18. What are the criteria for participation?
- If you participate in the CI Experience on Zoom, we kindly request that you keep your camera on and your microphone muted unless asked to unmute.
- If your name is picked for a therapeutic 1:1, you will be informed in advance.
- During the CI experience, you need to choose an intention to explore with Dr. Gabor Maté, Sat Dharam Kaur ND and the CI team of Facilitators, we will invite you to do that.
- You consent to being recorded (only the main room will be recorded).
19. Will I receive the recordings?
Yes, recordings will be shared with you once you are registered.
20. By when would the recordings be available to us?
Recordings will take approx 15 days time to be made available. Once ready, it will be shared on your registered email.
21. Will we get a transcript of the event as well?
The recording will be subtitled and edited in parts. A transcript will not be shared.