Helen has a background in traditional western medicine and in education, acquired in Argentina; she immigrated to Alberta, Canada over 20 years ago.
Has worked and trained to serve refugee and immigrant children and their families and enhance their psychological and physical health while facilitating their successful transition into Canada and into Canadian culture. For the last 13 years, her passion has been to provide a complete wrap-around set of services and supports to refugee and immigrant family units with complex trauma, who are part of her community. Recently she became certified in the Compassionate Inquiry Process, a therapeutic methodology, developed and taught by Dr. Gabor Mate and Sat Dharam Kaur, ND. She lives in Red Deer, Alberta.
Other Certified Training
• Life Coach and Cognitive Behavior Therapy for PTSD - Certificate
• Frontiers in the Treatment of Trauma – PTSD
• Healthy Relationships Facilitator Training
• First Aid Certified
• Trauma Informed Care – Certification
• Parenting for Intercultural Groups – Supports and Strategies
• Immigration Consultant Diploma – Immigration Law -Ashton College B.C.
• Mental Health First Aid
• De-Escalating Potentially Violent Situations
• Trauma informed Counseling
• AAISA certified Level II Settlement Practitioner. Variety of courses in Solution Based Counselling, Working with Youth with Complex needs
• Threat Assessment Training and High Risk Assessment Training with R.C.M.P.
• Circles of Hope training.
• Professional Facilitator
• Domestic Violence symposium and Brain Development Symposium with courses in Trauma related behaviors.
• Suicide Intervention.
• Conflict Resolution at Red Deer College.
addiction, ADHD, adolescents, anxiety, depression, LGBTQ, refugees, sexual abuse, trauma