Compassionate Inquiry is a powerful technique for assisting clients to access deep healing and transformation. This workshop is suitable for all helping professionals including social workers, therapists, and health care providers who wish to help liberate their patients/clients from the unconscious dynamics running their lives. In this experiential workshop Gabor, with volunteer participants, will model the Compassionate Inquiry process throughout. In addition, all participants will have the opportunity to practice the method with each other in small groups.
Dr. Maté will teach about:
– Understanding trauma
– Establishing safety
– Attuning to the client
– Paying attention to sensations and emotions in the present moment
– Recognizing body states, voice patterns, body language
– Paying attention to the actual words the client is using
– Linking present experiences to childhood experiences
– Uncovering hidden assumptions and beliefs that contribute to suffering
– Encouraging responsibility
– Expressing gratitude towards discomfort
– Appropriate self-disclosure
– Being playful
The day will be woven-through with practices to assist with integration and release of the energy generated by the workshop. These will include: meditation, movement, music, singing.
May 25-27, 2018
Friday May 25 – Evening Keynote, 7pm-9:30pm
Saturday & Sunday Workshop, 9am-4:30pm
Fees & Registration
The in-person events are completely sold out but we now have a livestream option for the whole weekend including friday night or for friday night only.
Click here to livestream the whole weekend.
Click here to livestream friday night.