Compassionate Inquiry Mentoring Internship Goals
The Compassionate Inquiry Mentoring Internship is designed to enhance the Compassionate Inquiry Intern’s skills in Mentoring Compassionate Inquiry Participants and Compassionate Inquiry Practitioners, to increase their competency in the Compassionate Inquiry approach, and to support their personal and professional goals.
To qualify for the Compassionate Inquiry Mentoring Internship, you must:
- be a practitioner in good standing with your regulatory body
- be certified as a Compassionate Inquiry Practitioner
- adhere to the Code of Ethics of Compassionate Inquiry Practitioners
- have completed or currently a mentee in the 6-month Compassionate Inquiry Mentorship Program
- have completed OR currently be an Intern in the year-long Compassionate Inquiry Internship Program
- be in the process of taking and/or have taken a 30 hr or longer professional supervision course that is approved by Compassionate Inquiry Inc.
- have liability insurance to practice Compassionate Inquiry unless it is unavailable in your country
About the Compassionate Inquiry Mentoring Internship
The training participant, referred to as a Mentoring Intern, is mentored by experienced Mentors in the Mentorship Program. The Mentoring Internship Training Team draws from expertise and knowledge across various disciplines, their work and experience in Compassionate Inquiry, and from professional supervision training, which follows current trends in facilitation and knowledge transfer.
The Compassionate Inquiry Mentoring Internship program actively engages its Mentoring Interns during the 5-Month program by observing pre-recorded mentoring sessions and providing graded critiques and engaging in both personal and group mentoring sessions.
Cost of the Compassionate Inquiry® Mentoring Internship Program: $2400 CAD
- One payment of $2400.00 CAD
- 3 payments of $835.00 CAD per month, over 3 months
- 5 payments of $500.00 CAD per month, over 5 months
This is an experiential program with a limited number of spaces available. If you wish to withdraw from the program, you will be given a full refund (minus a $50 cancellation fee) if cancelling 48 hours before meeting with your Personal or Group Mentors. You will receive a refund of $1,200 if you withdraw within 4 weeks of the program start date after meeting with your personal and group mentors. No refunds are allowed 4 weeks after the start date of the Mentoring Internship Program. No exceptions.
Compassionate Inquiry® Mentoring Internship Program Application
If you are interested in this offering, we look forward to receiving your application through this link.
The Mentoring Internship Training Team
There are several components to the Compassionate Inquiry Mentoring Internship:
- Personal Mentoring Sessions, monthly (5 in total)
- Group Mentoring Sessions, monthly (5 in total)
- Written Video Critiques, monthly (5 in total)
- Monthly Mentoring Preparation and Role Play Sessions (5 in total)
- Mentoring Practice Sessions (2 per month, 10 in total with peers OR L2 and L3 participants)
- Optional homework based on monthly themes
- Feedback forms from mentees to assess your skill
Personal Mentoring Sessions
- You will be assigned a Mentor (Allison, Luke, Michelle, or Stephen)
- You will complete the ‘Compassionate Inquiry Mentor Competency Self-Assessment Form’ before meeting with your Mentor, and this will guide your learning development plan
- Your Mentor will meet with you for 5 individual mentoring sessions during the 5 months: 1 meeting per month
- At the final session, the Mentoring Interns’ Mentor will provide their recommendations
Group Mentoring Sessions
- Training Classes are held online for 2 hours per month throughout the 6-month Mentorship Program (5 classes in total) and are led by Michelle and Stephen – Mentors from the Compassionate Inquiry Mentor Training Team
- Classes include didactic and experiential learning, exploring themes related to Compassionate Inquiry Mentoring, drawing on best practices and current trends in supervision and research
- Three Video submissions recorded in gallery view of Mentoring Sessions by Mentoring Interns will be reviewed during each class with opportunities to engage in a lively discussion
- The Mentoring Intern whose session is being reviewed submits questions and time codes regarding their video to allocate areas of focus for the review
- The Dates for the 5 Monthly Classes are Mondays at 8am ET (e.g. September 26, October 31, November 28, December 19, January 30)
Written Video Reviews (5 in total)
- The Mentoring Intern receives access to the Kajabi platform to access previously recorded Compassionate Inquiry sessions between a practitioner and client (client consent was granted in all videos ). The Mentoring Intern reviews the video. (5 videos are reviewed throughout the 6-month program; one per month)
- The Mentoring Intern provides a written synopsis of the recorded Compassionate Inquiry session (5 in total), including notations regarding how they might provide mentoring feedback to support the practitioner’s learning and enhance skill
- A written synopsis of the video is submitted by the Mentoring Intern in their Mentoring Intern Folder
- A Mentor assesses the synopsis and provides feedback in the Mentoring Interns google folder
- The Mentoring Intern will receive thoughtful, supportive, and informative feedback designed to enhance the quality of the Mentoring Intern’s feedback and enhance the Mentoring Intern’s embodiment of Compassionate Inquiry Qualities, Skills, and Stepping Stones as a Mentor.
- The pace of the program involves reviewing one video per month and creating a synopsis for each, submitting the summary to your Mentoring Intern folder once per month
Monthly Mentoring Preparation and Role Play Sessions (5 in total)
- Meet monthly on scheduled Sundays for 90 minutes with Sat Dharam to gain skills in preparing for a mentoring session
- Write a critique while watching a CI session video and then role-play being a mentor providing feedback
- The dates for these sessions will be Sept 25 8-9:30am, Oct 16 2-3:30pm, Nov 20 8-9:30am, Dec 18 8-9:30am, Jan 15 8-9:30am.
Mentoring Practice Sessions (2 per month, 10 in total with peers OR with Compassionate Inquiry L2/L3 Participants)
- The Mentoring Intern is invited to mentor a peer OR Level 2 OR Level 3 Participant who brings a video to the Mentoring Intern to be reviewed. Written consent must be obtained by both the ‘therapist’ as well as the ‘client’ for the video review using the consent form
- Mentoring Intern reviews a live session or a 20-min recording of their peer doing Compassionate Inquiry with a client (client consent is required – consent form) and writes up a critique, following the guidelines provided
- After viewing the recording, Mentoring Intern meets with a peer and provides supportive, professional, and compassionate feedback as though the peer was a Mentee – this is recorded
- Mentoring Interns will work with a new peer for each peer support session
- Mentoring Intern Peers set their monthly schedule
- The Mentoring Intern records the session of themselves reviewing the participant’s Compassionate Inquiry session with their client in the gallery view. This recording of the Mentoring Session can be reviewed in one of 3 ways.
- It can be brought to one of the Monthly Online Classes to be reviewed
- It can be reviewed in a Personal Mentoring Intern Review
- It can be submitted as the final exit video to determine if the Mentoring Intern is ready to qualify as a Compassionate Inquiry Mentor.
- The Compassionate Inquiry Participant completes the Mentoring Session Feedback Form immediately after the Mentoring Session
- A recording of their choice is brought to one of the Monthly Online Classes for review. Each Mentoring Intern has an opportunity to showcase one of their Mentoring Session videos recorded in the gallery view and receive supportive feedback from a member of the Mentor Training Team in the Monthly Online Classes, over the 5-month period
Optional Homework Based on Monthly Themes
- Review journal articles with a variety of topics related to supervision
- Answer questions related to monthly themes
Feedback Forms from Mentees (Participants) to Assess Your Skills
- You will be asked to provide the Compassionate Inquiry Participants with the link to a Mentoring Session Feedback Form immediately after each Mentoring Session
- On a monthly basis, your feedback will be gathered and provided to you
- You and your Mentor will review the feedback and discuss any points which need development and celebrate what you are doing well
Mentoring Internship Course Completion Requirements
- Have attended 5 personal mentoring sessions
- Have attended 80% of the group’s monthly online classes
- Completed the video reviews for Modules 1-5 and received feedback on your case studies
- Have attended 80% of the monthly mentoring preparation and role-play sessions
- Completed 10 Mentoring Practice Sessions
- Final Compassionate Inquiry Mentor Competency Self-Assessment Form
The next Compassionate Inquiry Mentoring Internship Training:
The next Compassionate Inquiry Mentoring Internship training begins on September 15 annually. Submit your application for the September Mentoring Internship by August 14 annually. If approved for the training, notifications will be sent by August 17, and you will be asked to register and pay by August 20.
Opportunities in Compassionate Inquiry
Click the button below to see all opportunities available to you after completing the Compassionate Inquiry Internship and/or the Mentoring Internship Program.
The Mentorship Internship Training Team